What God's word says about eternal life.
The Bible tells us in I John 5:13, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life…” God’s Word says that you can know for sure that you will spend eternity in Heaven.
The single most important question that you will ever answer is this – “If I were to die today, would I spend eternity in Heaven or Hell?” Your relationship to Jesus Christ is central to the answer to that question.
Every person has a sin problem and is in need of salvation!
Did you know that there is a penalty for sin? That’s right, just as man demands punishment for crime, God demands a punishment for sin. The Bible says:
- “For the wages of sin is death…” Rom. 6:23
- “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” Rev. 20:14-15
But God, in his mercy and through his grace, gave his son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross to pay the penalty for us. He now offers Salvation from hell as a free gift, without any works on our part, to anyone who will accept it. In order to accept this gift, you must:
Admit that you are a sinner
- “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Rom. 3:23
- “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:” Rom. 5:12
- “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.” Rom. 3:10
Believe that Jesus Christ Died for your sin
- “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Rom. 5:8
- “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners;…” I Tim. 1:15
- “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” I Cor. 15: 3,4
Receive Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour
- “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” John 1:12
- "But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Rom. 10:8-13
The word "whosoever" includes you. "Shall be saved" means not maybe, nor can, but shall be saved. Right now, if you’ve never accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour, and you would like to, simply go to God in prayer.
If you’re not sure how to pray, you might pray something like this:
"Dear God, I know that I am a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ was my substitute when he died on the cross. I believe that his shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection were for me. I now receive him as my Saviour. Thank you for the forgiveness of my sins, the gift of salvation, and everlasting life, because of your grace. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen."
These are not some magical words that you repeat to get to heaven, they’re just an example of what you might pray to God if you honestly believe it and want to be saved.
If you have received Christ as a result of this message, please feel free to contact us to let us know, and we’ll be glad to pray for you and answer any questions you might have.